“The holidays” is that all too common phrase we start hearing by the end of Halloween, bringing family and friends closer together. Soon enough the scent of turkey and pumpkin fill the air, then comes a cooler breeze and smells of pine, cinnamon, and the sound of a fireplace. Warmer states see lighted palm trees while the colder areas opt for snow plows.
But how do we decorate for the holidays? Here are some trends to try this holiday season.
1. Choose a color scheme. Go for classic combinations of gold and silver, red and green, blue and white, or blue and yellow. Mix it up by filling a silver bowl with a colored ornaments set.Or try non-traditional colors with extra ornamentation for a general wintery look.
2. Add some organic elements. Glitter and paint dipped pinecones, Poinsettia trees, or a vase of white flowers can add a subtle touch of holiday style.
3. Textures! Old-school plaid, burlap, or even chevron print in the right colors will dress up your home.
4. Add a little light. Twinkling lights and lanterns don’t have to just be for your tree or outside, hang a few inside too! Add a stream of lights by a window or around your dining table, or a few lanterns around your living room for an extra dose of festive ambience.
5. If anything, decorate your dining area. Why? Almost every holiday is centered around a beyond ordinary meal. So spice things up with decked out dining room.